My friend Bernie Webb is really on a roll with his series of articles on “the missed adventure IN the words of God.” This is the 10th article in the series. God is providing such rich spiritual insight into the words of God. I invite you to read while I continue to recover from surgery.
IN … indwell … abide …
What are the characteristics of your abode … your dwelling?
Here are a few I came up with …
- From an earthly perspective, it usually is not temporary
- A great deal of time, effort and money go in to KEEPing it
- Over a lifetime, we probably spend more time there than anywhere else
- Oftentimes it is shared with others … family, friends and visitors
- We go there to find rest and renewal
- We find nourishment there
- We find love and care there
- We oftentimes call it home
- It is typically the place we live IN
IN … abide … indwell … take a moment to consider based on the above what those words truly mean … now consider several passages of Scripture recorded by the apostle John … spoken by Jesus.
“If you abide IN Me, and My words abide IN you, ask whatever you wish, and it…
View original post 257 more words