Featured News Stories:
2018-02-16 – Experimental Drug Promises to Kill the Flu Virus in a Day. Even if drug lives up to claim, it likely won’t be available in U.S. until next year at earliest.
As Americans suffer through the worst influenza outbreak in almost a decade, a Japanese drugmaker says it has developed a pill that can kill the virus within a day. But even if the experimental drug lives up to the claim, it likely won’t be available in the U.S. until next year at the earliest.
A late-stage trial on Japanese and American flu patients found that for the people who took the Shionogi 4507 1.81% & Co. compound, the median time taken to wipe out the virus was 24 hours. That is much quicker than any other flu drug on the market, including Roche AG’s RHHBY +0.32% Tamiflu, which the trial showed took three times longer to achieve the same result. Quickly killing the virus could reduce its contagious effects, Shionogi said.
Also, Shionogi’s experimental drug requires only a single dose, while patients need to take two doses of Tamiflu a day, for five days.
Both Shionogi’s compound and Tamiflu take roughly the same amount of time to entirely contain flu symptoms, but Shionogi says its compound provides immediate relief faster.
Scientists at the Japanese company leveraged their work on a blockbuster anti-HIV drug to create the compound, which works differently from existing flu medicines. It blocks the flu virus from hijacking human cellular machinery, Chief Executive Isao Teshirogi said. Switzerland’s Roche has acquired the international license to distribute Shionogi’s experimental drug.
2018-01-22 – New Twist on a Flu Vaccine Revs Up the Body’s Army of Virus Killers. A vaccine made with a virus genetically tweaked to be quickly detected lets mice survive a lethal infection. By: Aimee Cunningham, 3:42pm, January 19, 2018. © Society for Science & the Public 2000 – 2017. All rights reserved.
“Sometimes an old fight needs a new hero. With the United States in the midst of a tough flu season — and with evidence from Australia that the current flu shot is only 10 percent effective against the strains responsible for most illnesses — a different approach to flu vaccine development may do the trick.”
2018-01-22 – The Mystery of Vanishing Honeybees is Still not Definitively Solved. The sudden disappearances of the previous decade have been dwarfed by other pollinator problems. By: Susan Milius 1:42pm, January 17, 2018 © Society for Science & the Public 2000 – 2017.
It was one of the flashiest mysteries in the news about a decade ago — honeybee workers were vanishing fast for no clear reason. To this day, that puzzle has never been entirely solved, researchers acknowledge.
And maybe it never will be. Colony collapse disorder, or CCD, as the sudden mass honeybee losses were called, has faded in recent years as mysteriously as it began. It’s possible the disappearances could start up again, but meanwhile bees are facing other problems.
CCD probably peaked around 2007 and faded since, says Jeff Pettis, who during the heights of national curiosity was running the Beltsville, Md., honeybee lab for the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s research wing. And five years have passed since Dennis vanEngelsdorp, who studies studies bee health at the University of Maryland in College Park, has seen a “credible case” of colony collapse.
2017-01-10 – Kentucky abortion bills signed, effective immediately. Updated 6:14 PM ET, Mon January 9, 2017
(CNN)Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin on Monday signed two bills that put tighter restrictions on abortion, including one measure prohibiting the procedure at or after 20 weeks of pregnancy.
The bills include an emergency provision, making them effective immediately after Bevin’s signature.
The first, House Bill 2, now requires a physician or technician to perform an ultrasound, describe and display the ultrasound images to the mother, and provide audio of the fetal heartbeat to the mother before she may have an abortion.
—>>> continue reading at this link <<<—
2016-03-29 – It’s Open Season on People of Faith in Georgia by Todd Starnes of Fox News – …”Simply put – the bill would have protected pastors from having to perform same-sex marriages. Faith-based organizations, like Christian schools, would also have been extended protection from renting its facilities to any organization that was contrary to its beliefs.”
Very sad that this bill is needed although the first amendment to the US Constitution provides for freedom of religion and in addition there is also a federal law in force since 1993 that provides this specific protection. Support for the LGBT and leftist leaning liberal agenda will not give up until Christians, their churches and pastors are all puppets of the state. Deal has ignored the will of the people of Georgia. JLD
Quote from Albert Mohler’s blog published today … excellent article!!
“The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead separates Christianity from all mere religion–whatever its form. Christianity without the literal, physical resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead is merely one religion among many. “And if Christ is not risen,” said the Apostle Paul, “then our preaching is empty and your faith is in vain” [1 Corinthians 15:14]. Furthermore, “You are still in your sins!” [v. 17b]. Paul could not have chosen stronger language. “If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable” [v. 19].”
Read the rest of the article at this link: The Resurrection of Jesus Christ and the Reality of the Gospel
2015-05-14 – Pew: Evangelicals Stay Strong as Christianity Crumbles in America – Amid changing US religious landscape, Christians ‘decline sharply’ as unaffiliated rise. But born-again believers aren’t to blame. (Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra posted 5/11/2015 11:04PM – Christianity Today)
The main methods for measuring American faith are flawed.
So thinks the Pew Research Center, which today released the second wave of a massive study designed to “fill the gap” left by the United States census (no questions on religion), the self-reporting of denominations (“widely differing criteria”), and smaller surveys (too few questions or people).
Scrutinizing the past seven years, Pew finds that, amid the rise of the “nones” and other popular talking points, the fate of evangelicals is proving much brighter than Christianity at large.
Here are highlights from the US Religious Landscape Study, conducted among more than 35,000 adults in English and Spanish, of how American religion has changed from 2007 to 2014:
1) Evangelicals have remained remarkably stable.
Over the past seven years, evangelicals have lost less than 1 percent of their share of the population, holding steady at about 1 in 4 American adults (25.4% in 2014, vs. 26.3% in 2007) and preserving their status as the nation’s largest religious group.
2) The label “evangelical” is more popular among all Christian groups
Today, all Christians are more likely to consider themselves “born-again” or evangelical. Half of self-identified Christians described themselves this way in 2014, up from 44 percent in 2007. This includes 72 percent of those in historically black Protestant churches, up from 67 percent in 2007.
3) Evangelicals convert many and retain their kids
Pew found a “remarkable degree of churn” in the US religious landscape. But evangelicals are the “major exception” to the national pattern of Christian decline, and the only major Christian group in the survey that has gained more members than it has lost through religious switching.
4) Evangelicals are increasingly diverse
Today, more than one-third of US adults who identify as born-again or evangelical Protestants, regardless of denomination, are non-white.
5) Who evangelicals marry and how many kids they have
Three-quarters of evangelicals marry coreligionists, more than historically black Protestants (65%), mainline Protestants (59%), and the unaffiliated (56%). This may account for some of the steady evangelical numbers, as married people tend “to be more religiously active than unmarried people,” Pew reports. “Both groups – those who are married and those who are not – have grown less religiously affiliated in recent years, though married people have done so more slowly.” (The study only examined marriages that were still intact.)
WASHINGTON — For years, Harvard’s experts on health economics and policy have advised presidents and Congress on how to provide health benefits to the nation at a reasonable cost. But those remedies will now be applied to the Harvard faculty, and the professors are in an uproar. …
Members of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the heart of the 378-year-old university, voted overwhelmingly in November to oppose changes that would require them and thousands of other Harvard employees to pay more for health care. The university says the increases are in part a result of the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act, which many Harvard professors championed.
… continue reading at this link.
2014-12-25 – Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God By Eric Metaxas. Printed in the Wall Street Journal Opinion Section – The odds of life existing on another planet grow ever longer. Intelligent design, anyone? …
In 1966 Time magazine ran a cover story asking: Is God Dead? Many have accepted the cultural narrative that he’s obsolete—that as science progresses, there is less need for a “God” to explain the universe. Yet it turns out that the rumors of God’s death were premature. More amazing is that the relatively recent case for his existence comes from a surprising place—science itself. –>>>… continue reading at this link.
2014-12-20 – ISIS reportedly selling Christian artifacts, turning churches into torture chambers (FoxNews.com)- “ISIS has a stated goal to wipe out Christianity,” Jay Sekulow, of the American Center for Law and Justice and the author of “Rise of ISIS: A Threat We Can’t Ignore,” told FoxNews.com. “This why they are crucifying Christians — including children — destroying churches and selling artifacts. The fact is, this group will stop at nothing to raise funds for its terrorist mission. … In short, ISIS is composed of religiously motivated psychopaths.” JLD Comment: Is there any wonder that Satan is alive and in control of so many in the world. Lord Jesus, our only comfort is knowing that You will deal with these disciples of Satan in your own time.! – –>>> continue reading at this link.
2014-11-26 – Why Thanksgiving Matters– Albert Mohler – The holiday police are at it again–looking for violations of the nation’s new policy of separating faith and civic celebrations. The same folks who will soon be trolling courthouse squares looking for manger scenes are now calling on Americans to have a happy Thanksgiving . . . but leave God out of it. … continue reading at the link above. … “In short, ISIS is composed of religiously motivated psychopaths,” he said. “In short, ISIS is composed of religiously motivated psychopaths,” he said.
2014-11-25 – The Ferguson Decision – The Brown family and President Obama offer the right response. Opinion: WSJ Nov. 24, 2014 11:47 p.m. ET “One measure—perhaps the measure—of a civilized society is the respect it shows for the rule of law. The decision by a grand jury not to indict Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson for shooting unarmed black teenager Michael Brown is such a test for America.” …. continue reading at the link above.
2014-11-24 – Oxford students shut down abortion debate. Free speech is under assault on campus – “I would’ve thought that the one place in Britain where you could agree to disagree amicably would be Oxford University. But I was wrong. For instance, I’ve discovered that you’re only allowed to debate abortion there if a) you’re a woman and b) you’re all for it. Any other approach to the subject is liable to attract a mob… The Telegraph – Tim Stanley – 6:00AM GMT 19 Nov 2014
2014-11-15 – A Decade of the Rosetta Mission in 90 Seconds – 11/11/2014 5:25AM. From Rosetta’s takeoff in French Guiana in 2004 to its rendezvous with comet 67P this past summer, WSJ’s Gautam Naik looks at the Rosetta mission’s milestones in the past 10 years.
2014-07-28 – North America’s Tallest Flagpole – So much bad news … so much pounding of American companies … so little good news … so little thankfulness for our American companies.
Patriotic … worth the view!
Standing 400 feet tall, the new Acuity Insurance Flagpole is the tallest flagpole in North America. Located on the Acuity Insurance headquarters campus in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, along Interstate 43 between Milwaukee and Green Bay, the pole supports a 60-foot-wide by 120-foot-long American flag. Located at the base of the flagpole is a brick paver patio featuring the names of Sheboygan County residents killed in active duty.
“Law enforcement officers in Colorado and neighboring states, emergency room doctors and legalization opponents increasingly are highlighting a series of recent problems as cautionary lessons for other states flirting with loosening marijuana laws.”
2014-06-10 – What Happens When A Smoker Quits? – a fifteen year timeline. If you or a loved one is still struggling with smoking, perhaps this picture will be the thing that encourages you/them to stop smoking before it is too late.
2014-06-04 – Legalization trend forces review of marijuana’s dangers – Pot may be far less risky than highly addictive drugs, but it’s not harmless. By Laura Sanders 2:06pm, May 30, 2014. Science News. Great … and scientific … Article worth the review.
If the “prophet” of Islam believed it was ok to mistreat and even kill women, then those who follow him ought to believe it, too. For peaceful purposes …
Qur’an Sura 4:34a, “Men have authority over women because [Allah] has made the one superior to the other …”
Revelation 9:21, “And they did not repent of their murders … or their sexual immorality …”
By Phil Benson, WFSB – “A man who allegedly told his wife his ‘Islamic belief’ gave him the right to kill her is behind bars after he punched and tried to strangle her inside his vehicle, according to a court document. Ansar Muhammad, 43, was arrested at the couple’s home in Avondale Saturday morning on charges of unlawful imprisonment as well as aggravated and sexual assault, among others.” Read more. … Continue reading →
2014-04-17 – Terrifying. Jews in Eastern Ukraine ordered to register with pro-Russian militants – an article published today by: Robert Laurie on Thursday April 17th, 2014 and featured on Caintv.com – JLD Comment: If you were not afraid of Putin’s intentions before with regard to Ukraine, then you should be now. Soviet xxx are requiring Jews to register in a manner reminiscent of what Hitler’s regime did in Europe in World War II … ultimately leading the Holocaust and the murder of 6 million Jews. And what does Obama do … more senseless talk and useless sanctions as I see it.
2014-04-11 – NATO Says Russia Is Positioned to Attack Ukraine – If you think that the situation with Crimea and Ukraine has settled down, then watch this video which shows the troop and equipment ramp-up along the border of Ukraine. Putin has every intention to take advantage of the USA’s weak position taken by President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry.
2014-03-10 – Eternal Life… – Mike Huckabee Commentary – The group American Atheists sued back in 2011 to block the display of what’s called the World Trade Center Cross, formed when 2 beams of metal girding melted into what appeared to be a cross. … click the link above to continue reading.
2014-02-26 – Coalition of Black Pastors Call For Holder Impeachment Over Same-Sex Marriage – WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – A coalition of African-American civil rights leaders and pastors announced a campaign to gather 1 million signatures to impeach Attorney General Eric Holder for attempting to undermine states’ authority to “coerce states to fall in line with same-sex marriage.”
Speaking at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday, the Coalition of African-American Pastors (CAAP) is calling for Holder’s impeachment for “attempting to impose ‘same-sex marriage’ throughout the nation despite federal law, rulings by the U.S. Supreme Court, and state constitutional amendments to the contrary,” reads the online petition. To read the remainder of the article click this link.
2014-02-18 – The Truth About the One Percent – By James Piereson. The Wall Street Journal. Updated Feb. 18, 2014 5:38 a.m. ET
‘Income inequality” has emerged as the issue du jour in national politics, threatening to displace the unpopular health-care law and the slow-growing economy this election year. Speeches and columns now routinely attack the banks or “the undeserving rich” and call on Washington to do something to redistribute income from the “super rich” to the poor and middle class. Democrats from President Obama to the new mayor of New York City are leading the charge on behalf of the “99%.” JLD Note: click the link above to read the remainder of the article where Mr. Piereson successfully argues that the rhetoric spewed by the Obama Administration regarding taxing the rich is class-warfare designed to anger the uninformed and divert criticism away from the disastrous ObamaCare problems and implementation issues.
2014-02-12 – Belgium set to extend right-to-die law to children – AP News | © 2014 Associated Press. Belgium, one of the very few countries where euthanasia is legal, should take the unprecedented step this week of abolishing age restrictions on who can ask to be put to death. Click the link to read the entire article.
2014-02-13 – A Star is Born – U.S. Scientists Score Fusion-Power Breakthrough – Wall Street Journal – February 12, 2014. U.S. scientists replicated the power of the sun, if only for a fleeting moment, creating a miniature star that has rekindled hopes that nuclear fusion could one day offer a source of cheap and boundless energy on Earth. Click the link to read the entire article. Here’s a brief video if you don’t want to read the entire article.
Previous News Stories.
2014-01-12 – from the Wall Street Journal Opinion section – I’m Suing Over ObamaCare Exemptions for Congress
If the president wants to change the health-care law, he must ask Congress to do it.
By RON JOHNSON (Sen. Johnson is a Republican from Wisconsin)
The Wall Street Journal – Jan. 5, 2014 6:06 p.m. ET
On Monday, Jan. 6, I am filing suit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin to make Congress live by the letter of the health-care law it imposed on the rest of America. By arranging for me and other members of Congress and their staffs to receive benefits intentionally ruled out by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, the administration has exceeded its legal authority.
2014-01-06 – from the Wall Street Journal – U.S. Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage in Utah – The Supreme Court on Monday ordered a temporary stop to same-sex marriages in Utah, the high court’s first intervention in a new case that asks whether gays have a constitutional right to wed.
2013-12-19 – from the Wall Street Journal – Gold Falls to Lowest Price in Three Years – Gold slid to the lowest price in three years Thursday after the Federal Reserve said it would cut back on the easy-money policies deployed to steady the U.S. economy.
Gold for February delivery, the most actively traded contract, fell $41.40, or 3.4%, to settle at $1,193.60 a troy ounce, the lowest price since August 2010, on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange. Front-month gold for December delivery fell $41.10 to $1,195.0, also a three-year low.
2013-12-19 – Dr. Albert Mohler’s Essay “You Have Been Warned—The “Duck Dynasty” Controversy” – Phil Robertson is the plainspoken patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan. In the GQ interview, published in the January 2014 issue of the magazine, Robertson makes clear that his Christian faith is central to his identity and his life. He speaks of his life before Christ and actively seeks to convert the interviewer, Drew Magary, to faith in Christ. He tells Magary of the need for repentance from sin. Magary then asks Robertson to define sin. He responded:
“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
2013-12-19 – From this morning’s Wall Street Journal: “Every Breath You Take” – U.S. President Barack Obama’s experts recommended sweeping changes to the National Security Agency’s surveillance program that would curtail its activities significantly, in a report submitted to the president. Instead of collecting phone records in bulk, the panel said the NSA should carry out focused searches of data elsewhere—just two days after U.S. District Judge Richard Leon said the government’s monitoring of phone records was “almost certainly” unconstitutional. “The message to the NSA is now coming from every branch of government and from every corner of our nation: You have gone too far,” said Sen. Patrick Leahy (D., Vt.). But even if the government stops, we find that safeguarding our personal information is becoming increasingly more difficult.
2013-12-19 – A brief video on How UPS Delivers at Christmas Time – very interesting. Published by WSJ.
2013-12-16 – Long Time Ally Saudi Arabia Hacked at Obama’s Nuclear Deal with Iran, Gerard Baker, Editor in Chief of The Wall Street Journal – “It’s no secret that Saudi Arabia hasn’t been pleased with U.S. overtures to Iran. But we weren’t sure how displeased. Speaking on the sidelines of the World Policy Conference in Monaco, Turki al-Faisal, a leading Saudi prince, demanded a place for his country at talks with Iran, publicly attacking the Obama administration for working behind Riyadh’s back and denouncing other steps taken by the U.S. in the Middle East. We note that the words are a rare demonstration of bluntness from the longtime ally of the U.S. Prince Turki went so far as to say the failure of the U.S. and the United Nations to take steps to end violence in Syria bordered on “criminal negligence.” He also echoed concerns raised by Israel and Congress that the nuclear deal with Iran wasn’t enough to ensure Tehran won’t develop atomic bombs.”
2013-12-16 – Links to recent Opinion articles by Jim Davenport:
- Iran’s Nuclear Future Assured with Obama/Kerry Agreement
- Hilary Clinton’s Racial Politics
- The Real Reason For Government Healthcare
- Term Limits
- Tougher Gun Laws and Background Checks
- “Phony Scandals”
- Our Economic Mess ———————————————————————————————————-
In this section of my blog I post articles and videos mostly written/posted by others that I find important and will likely be of interest to those who follow my blog. Sometimes I include links to my blog articles that are related to other topics I am following. I will always cite the source and reproduce the copyright information when available. These articles are for private use only as I have no commercial interest in nor receive any monetary compensation from any of them. Recent articles are generally listed first unless related to others. Please bookmark and return to this Page regularly as I post articles of interest as I find them. Also, please “like” this page either at the top or bottom of the page so I will know that you have visited. Thank you.
Jim’s News – Archives:
- 2013-04-25 – Attraction. An astounding video from Britain’s Got Talent 2013.
- 2013-03-28 – Foodstamp Recipients by State – 20% of all citizens in Georgia now on Foodstamps. 15% of total USA population now on Foodstamps. The Wall Street Journal – Copyright ©2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. JLD comment: Keep them dependent. Keep them dumb. Keep them Democrat.
- 2013-03-25 – Science Fiction Comes Alive as Researchers Grow Organs in Lab. Gautam Naik. Building a complex human organ in the lab is no longer a dream of science fiction. At London’s Royal Free Hospital, a team of 30 scientists is manufacturing a variety of body parts, including windpipes, noses and ears. WSJ’s Gautam Naik reports.. The Wall Street Journal – Copyright ©2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. JLD Comment: Just look what God has taught humans to do!!
- 2013-03-24 – My Unrecognizable Democratic Party. The stakes are too high, please get serious about governing before it’s too late. Ted Van Dyk – a long time Democrat that served in the administration of multiple Democratic Presidents. The Wall Street Journal – Copyright ©2013 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- 2013-03-21 – Frostie the Cockatoo Does the Boogie – Just for the fun of it, watch Frostie keep time and vary his performance to the music. Not only is this amusing, it is amazing! Have fun!
- 2013-03-17 – Bee venom component might offer HIV protection | Body & Brain. Science News. By Nathan Seppa, Web edition: March 15, 2013. A component of bee venom packaged in super-tiny blobs can knock out HIV, a new study finds. Researchers testing the delivery system in lab dishes report that these nanoparticles attach to and destroy the virus without damaging cells, offering an early glimpse of a technology that might — with a lot more testing — prevent HIV infection in some people.
- 2013-03-14 – Christianity Under Persecution – At a Tennessee Football Game — Roane County High School, Kingston, Tennessee — Christianity is now the target of persecution… Read what the principal said before the football game.
- 2013-03-09 – Fast Charging Battery Discovery – Take a look at this video about a recent development in battery technology. It decreases the charge time for something like a cellphone from a couple of hours to around 30 seconds and is environmentally friendly. This is another game changer in the making. What else does God have in store for us? Stay tuned.
- 2013-02-23 – Rebuild a Jeep in Under 4 Minutes!! – Watch this video to see a Jeep broken down and rebuilt in less than four minutes total time. If you start watching I promise that you will watch it to the end!!
- 2013-02-15 – The Gospel and Discipline of Solitude – Dr. Donald S. Whitney. Wonderful devotion on our need to have solitude and special time with God.
- 2013-02-12 – Amazing Advances in Medicine Using Cellphone Technology – Wireless medicine for iPhone: does EKG for $199; doctor prescribes apps instead of medicine; echocardiogram (currently each costs $800 and 20 million are done annually) ; portable vscan ultrasound; urine tests; glucose testing without the finger prick; advance heart attack warnings; all done in the office or remotely … just the beginning. Perhaps this is the answer to lowering medical costs instead of ObamaCare.
- 2013-01-30 – Glacier the size of Manhattan calving (splitting off). Largest one ever caught on video. Watch to the end to see how the glacier compares to the island of Manhattan. Amazing!
- 2013-01-28 – A Flood of Suits Fights Coverage of Birth Control JLD Note: – A small but important victory for the Sanctity of Life battle??
- 2013-01-23 – Let elderly people ‘hurry up and die’, says Japanese minister – JLD Note: Across the world there is a growing disrespect for the elderly. In this article Taro Aso, Japan’s Financial Minister, says that the elderly are a drain on Japan’s failing economy and healthcare for them should be withdrawn. Is this where the U.S. is also headed?2013-01-14 –
- Best Friends – a boy and his faithful dog – a video showing the heart and soul of a little boy and his trustworthy protector. You will enjoy this short portrayal of friendship and love.
- 2013-01-01 – Thoughts on the Murder of Innocents – email article by Jim Kalvin of Naples, Florida. Jim hits the nail on the head with comments regarding the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. A quick read and very thought provoking.
- 2012-12-19 – Where Was God? – Mike Huckabee tells it like it is about the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings. My Sentiments, EXACTLY!!
- 2012-12-18 – Christmas Carols of Love – Gospel Quartet performs in a Christmas Program. Great Acting and Great Singing!!! Don’t miss this one. It is well worth the four minutes to view.
- 2012-12-13 – Beautiful Star of Bethlehem – The Centurymen. JLD Note: What a beautiful rendition of this wonderful and familiar Christmas hymn that is not sung enough in our churches. Thanks to my friend, Mark Fuller, for sharing this link. Youtube video.
- 2012-11-20 – Tyndale House Wins Mandate Court Battle – Judge temporarily exempts the Christian book publisher from the HHS contraceptive mandate, allowing it to operate its business according to its beliefs | Mickey McLean Copyright © 2012 God’s World Publications. JLD Note: Is this a ray of hope? I doubt it as higher courts will likely side with the administration. A similar article appeared in the Washington Post.
- 2012-11-19 – Nurses Story – Faith and Justice. JLD Note: 12 Nurses say no to participation in performing abortions and put their jobs on the line. This video is frightening. We are killing our babies and our future at an alarming rate and now a Hospital tries to force their nurses to go against their convictions or lose their job … my oh my … May God forgive us for remaining silent for so long!
- 2012-11-16 – THE RULES – If you want your marriage to last follow these rules. Click on Download when prompted and laugh! My wife and I have had a lot of fun with this one.
- 2012-11-06 – A Part-Time, Low-Wage Epidemic – The jobs gained recently by the U.S. economy are disproportionately low-paying, insecure. The Wall Street Journal. JLD Note: Under the Obama administration USA jobs have been “dumbed down” to the point that we may never recover.
- 2012-11-06 – Obama’s Progressive Gamble – The Wall Street Journal. JLD Note: For Obama, “Progressive = Socialism.” Obama is on an all-out campaign to wreck our freedom.
- 2012-11-04 – Senior Military Leaders reject Obama … support Romney. JLD Note: Retired military leadership is sick of the Commander in Chief and how he has weakened our defense and wants him out of office.
- 2011-11-01 – Billionaire Thomas Peterffy Publishes Anti-Socialism Political Advertisement – Forbes. JLD Note: A MUST SEE. The video lasts about one minute and is so powerful. Please view before you vote in the Presidential election on November 6, 2012.
- 2012-11-01 – France: Lawmakers pass bill to pay for abortions – Associated Press. “France’s lower house voted Friday to fully reimburse all abortions and to make contraception free for minors…” JLD Note: Look for this in the near future in the USA. Fully funded abortions without parental consent for 15-16 year old teenagers plus free contraception … again without parental consent. May God help us!
- 2012-10-14 – Iran Blamed for Cyber Attacks – U.S. Says Iranian Hackers Are Behind Electronic Assaults on U.S. Banks, Foreign Energy Firms – By SIOBHAN GORMAN And JULIAN E. BARNES, WSJ.com. JLD Note: The war with Iran has already started with these cyber attacks. It is only a matter of time until a shooting war starts.
- 2012-10-12 – The Importance of this Election – Dr. Charles Stanley – The Washington Post, posted 07:16 PM ET, 10/08/2012. JLD Note: Dr. Stanley writes a timely article that encourages all to vote in what he calls is the most important election of our lifetime. His closing quote follows: “So if you ask me: “Will this be an important election? Should I vote?” I will unequivocally say, “Absolutely.” Because to give up our rights to speak into the direction of the nation may one day result in a country where we have no voice or vote. And I’m sure you would agree, my friend—that would be far worse than any challenge we face now.”
- 2012-10-08 – We The People. JLD Note: One of the best patriotic videos you will see. Calls out President Obama to take notice of the patriots and their determination to keep America free.
- 2012-10-08 – Voices Without A Vote – JLD Note: Teenagers speak out about coming election. We need more adults in the USA that think like these kids!!! Their future, and ours as well is at stake in the coming election.
- 2012-10-04 – Benghazi Was Obama’s 3 a.m. Call – Libya was a failure of policy and worldview, not intelligence – The Wall Street Journal. JLD Note: Would you want such a person making a critical decision on whether your life is worth it or not? Obama’s decision, or the lack thereof, contributed to the September 11th death of Ambassador Stephens.
- 2012-10-04 – Egypt: 2 Coptic Boys Are Held as Contempt of Religion Cases Rise – New York Times, Kareem Fahim and Mai Ayyad, Published: October 4, 2012. JLD Note: With the newly empowered Muslim Brotherhood now in power in Egypt with the full support of President Obama, persecution against Christians is on the rise in Egypt. These Christian boys are 9 and 10 years old and accused by the local imam of defiling the Koran. It was fairly easy to predict this before Hosni Mubarak was forced to step down during the Arab Spring earlier this year.
- 2012-10-02 – Let churches hold gay weddings, says Miliband – David Miliband (member of the UK Labour party; son of a leading Marxist; former Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs from 2007 to 2010). JLD comment: In a society where faith in God has continued to decrease to the point of non-relevance, Britain is now set to consider allowing same-sex church marriages as the fair and equitable thing to do. David Miliband says: “We need full marriage equality, not a half-step that continues to deny gay couples to right to marry in churches, synagogues and meeting houses that are happy to accommodate them. We hope and trust that the Government will come to the same conclusion as the Labour Party.” The sin sickness of our world continues to grow!
- 2012-09-28 – E. W. Jackson: EXODUS NOW! Blacks, Christians, Godly must leave the Democrat Party! – S.T.A.N.D. (Standing True to America’s Destiny). Powerful, powerful discourse on the Democratic Party platform inclusion of same-sex marriage in their party platform … perfectly in line with President Obama’s unGodly stand. This one is really worth the watch.
- 2012-09-28 – President Obama: Stunner! Iftar Dinner Lies – Shocking!! Obama Butchers The Truth – Bolsters Muslim Brotherhood. He may claim to be a Christian, but his Muslim roots are severely limiting his ability to reason when it comes to Israel, Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood. After viewing this video you should review my article “On Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood” written on February 23, 2012 when there was so much hope for “democracy” in the overthrow of Egypt’s government. I am certainly no prophet and anyone with an open mind would easily see that The Muslim Brotherhood is more of a threat to the free world in the long run than Al-Qaeda! You really need to see the video and read my article if you in any way doubt that the Muslim world has intentions of instituting the Islam faith world-wide in accordance with the commands of the Quran.
- 2012-09-28 – The 10% President – The Wall Street Journal. A question raised by President Obama’s immortal line on CBS’s “60 Minutes” on Sunday—”I think that, you know, as President, I bear responsibility for everything, to some degree”—is what that degree really is. Maybe 70% or 80% of the buck stops with him? Or is it halfsies?
- 2012-09027 – Welfare Statistics – StatisticBrain – …. Hmmmm – some of the 47%?
- 2012-09-11 – It’s a Miracle – Afterburner with Bill Whittle, PJTV – A brief encapsulation of President Obama’s foundation years leading up to his Presidency. No wonder he says “You didn’t build it!! (your business, that is)
- 2012-09-10 – What Are the 8 Hot Jobs to Land this Year? – Matt Patterson, Fox Business. JLD Note: If you think that all you need is a college degree to land a great job, then you need to look at the difference in average salaries for the various types of degrees in this article. The top jobs range from low twenties to over ninety thousand per year. Over a lifetime, that is millions of dollars in difference. Choose your major carefully!
- 2012-09-07 – Obama Admits He Is A Muslim – Feel the Change Media; clips from Obama speeches regarding Islam; graphic 9/11 footage. Posted without personal comment. Draw your own conclusions.
- 2012-09-07 – Protect Yourself From The Latest Scams – Consumer Reports Article, October 2012 issue.
- 2012-09-06 – The Great American Worldview Test — The 2012 Election – Dr Albert Mohler, AlbertMohler.com
- 2012-09-06 – Democrats Take Vote on Including God in Their 2012 Platform – CNN. Watch this brief unedited video and decide for yourself. As for me, there were just as many “no” votes as “yes” votes. Sad, sad, sad!!
- 2012-09-06 – Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws – A Colossal Absurdity – The Guardian
- 2012-09-02 – Pakistan’s Controversial Blasphemy Laws – BBC
- 2012-08-11 – Pakistan Disabled Girl (Christian) Arrested for Blasphemy – BBC News. This twelve-year-old girl faces life imprisonment if found guilty. JLD Note: How can you ever negotiate successfully when the Pakistani government supports such stupidity?
- 2012-05-12 – Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws – Jim Davenport
- 2012-08-18 – Obama: The Affirmative Action President – Matt Patterson, August 18, 2011, American Thinker, © American Thinker 2012 – “Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world’s largest economy, direct the world’s most powerful military, execute the world’s most consequential job? ….. JLD Note: Some well-intended emails are circulating that indicate that this article appeared as “The Lead Article” in The Washington Post. That is not true … The Washington Post does indeed publish articles by Mr. Patterson, but this one has never been published by the paper and never will. Don’t be deceived into thinking that the liberal media is in any way backing away from their blind support of President Obama. Needless to say, every word of this article I believe to be true and the information should be presented especially to those bent on voting for Obama.
- 2012-08-13 – Poll Shows Atheism on the Rise in the U.S., The Washington Post (Kimberly Winston)
- 2012-08-12 – Mohammed Retakes Top Spot in English Baby Names, CNN (Richard Allen Greene)
- 2012-07-30 – Chick-fil-A Under Fire, Dr. David Corbin
- 2012-07-28 – First Ammendment Trumps Critics of Chick-fil-A’s Views, The Wall Street Journal
- 2012-07-26 – Obama Says His Plan Worked – How stupid does President Obama think we are?? Really!! Since so many still back him (over 40%) then I would say he might be right about the stupid part.
- 2012-07-xx – Steve Frayne – I know that these are tricks, but how they are done is another thing!! Watch this short video and be amazed like I was!!
- 2012-07-15 – A President’s War on the Media – Suppose the country you live in is holding a presidential election and the incumbent is running for another term. Suppose further that the economy is in bad shape. The ranks of the unemployed and poor have swelled, the government is spendthrift, and the central bank is no longer independent. The president takes no responsibility. He blames everything on the rich. He says they are exploiting the working classes and don’t pay their fair share in taxes. Fomenting class envy and resentment is his stock in trade. Now suppose there are is no independent media. …. Read MARY ANASTASIA O’GRADY’s July 16, 2012 Wall Street Journal article.
- 2012-06-05 – Obama’s Debt Boom – The Wall Street Journal
- 2012-02-23 – Pregnant Women Have Asked for Terminations Because They Did Not Want Their Holidays Spoilt, The Telegraph
- 2013-02-01 – So what If Abortion Ends A Life – Albert Mohler comments on an article by Mary Elizabeth Williams of Salon.com. JLD Note: Pro Choice crusaders seem ready to admit that life does begin at conception … but it is “a life worth sacrificing.” In Dr. Mohler’s words, “What a grotesque view!
- Building a complex human organ in the lab is no longer a dream of science fiction. At London’s Royal Free Hospital, a team of 30 scientists is manufacturing a variety of body parts, including windpipes, noses and ears. WSJ’s Gautam Naik reports.